"What brings you here today? Are you willing to do the work?" 1/16/21

During morning meditation, I asked my Spirit Guide Somoya what I needed to know for today.  I heard, "What brings you here today?  Are you willing to do the work?"  

Yesterday I had my first Zoom OPA support group for the community.  It was a shit show, to say the least! People were either inappropriate for group or being disrespectful.  Moving forward, I will now ask these two questions for Zoom support groups and for my five support groups on inpatient.  This will be a wonderful way to weed out the people who shouldn't be attending and hold them accountable in front of their fellow peers.  In addition, I created new guidelines for my OPA support groups last week.  These will be read at the beginning of each group.  Also, if someone is asking what is the group about, I will simply reply, "What skills are you looking to obtain in your recovery process?"  All of these questions that I ask, along with guidelines, should hopefully minimize future disruption and individuals hijacking groups.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Says it's Right Here in These Teeth...Jaws

"See the good food. Feed the noogies." 2/25/21