"Well done, you little scum." 1/18/21

 During my morning meditation, I asked my Spirit Guide Somoya what I needed to know for today.  I then heard, "Well done, you little scum."  

My son Mason and I went for a walk yesterday in the winter cold.  I brought my Nikon camera in hopes of taking some great common place photography shots.  I took a couple cool pictures of some heron nests.  Then suddenly, Mason requested to take some pictures.  I was a little taken aback, cause he tends not to be very good at using his voice to state his wants.  I was happy to oblige.  Mason then took hundreds of pictures of nature and animals.  He stated several times he was having so much fun in the moment!  Mason took some really good pictures.  I had mixed feelings during these moments.  I was very happy to share another fun activity together, but also felt threatened by his ability to also take great pictures.  He is a natural.  I did guide his compositions at first, but he picked up the skill quickly on his own.  Also, he had no fear of exploring a lot of the functions of the camera.  Technology comes so easy to Mason!  I wish I had that strength, which often times makes me feel insecure and jealous.  I need to be open to learn technology from him, cause he is willing to teach.  He is great at being patient and putting technology into layman's terms, which I need in order to understand.  If I let go of the insecurities, this will be another fun activity to do as father and son.  We both enjoy cycling and playing video games together.  I need to support and celebrate his natural abilities, not be insecure, jealous and feel threatened by my son's strengths.  I need to truly be happy for him.  I want to see him grow up to be happy, independent and successful, however he defines success.  I saw my own father struggle with having sons with similar strengths and feel threatened, which then seriously affected their ongoing relationships into adulthood.  I was never a threat to my father, cause my strengths are so drastically different then his.  But I did have a love hate relationship with my mom over the years, due to many of our strengths being similar.  I believe it all comes down to managing one's ego and feeling secure in order not to feel threatened by our children's strengths.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Says it's Right Here in These Teeth...Jaws

"See the good food. Feed the noogies." 2/25/21