"Joel is my mentor, not Ian (Young)." 1/18/21

 At the start of my morning meditation, I heard, "Joel is my mentor, not Ian (Young)."  When I was a kid, I had an older neighborhood friend that was nice and mean to me at times, similar to my brother Joel.  There was even a time when Ian took the time to try and assist me with my reading skills.  To this day, I am not quite sure why he was so invested in my well-being.  Overall, my middle brother Joel became my mentor as I grew older, especially in my late teens and twenties.  He taught me how to become less self-absorbed, less selfish, more independent and kinder towards others.  Joel was fun, but at the same time all about treating others with respect and holding one's self accountable for their actions.   He had a good balance of being hilarious and enjoying life while also taking it seriously.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Says it's Right Here in These Teeth...Jaws

"See the good food. Feed the noogies." 2/25/21