Support on a deeper Level

Monday, May 20th

During morning meditation, I asked my Spirit Guide Somoya what I needed to know for today.  I then heard an internal voice say, “Support on a deeper level.”

Over the weekend, I found myself hyper focused on learning why bullies bully, how to manage their behavior, and how best to respond to my ex-wife’s aggressive/bullying behavior re: the want for braces for our son.  My energy and focus was taken away from my wants and needs getting met and the wants and needs of my wife Kels doing things together.  In turn, it resulted in hurt feelings and my wife struggling to understand my behavior:  need to defend myself by formulating a response to my ex-wife, which took up a lot of our Saturday.

As a result, my wife and I later in the evening spent hours arguing and misunderstanding one another, due to the stress generated by this other person’s behavior .  By the end of the evening we were able to validate and understand one another.  I was able to articulate and guide my wife to giving me what I needed:  support on a deeper level.  I requested that my wife share some of her life story in order to normalize, relate, and offer me hope that things will get better when managing aggressive bullies.  I felt much more supported and hopeful when Kels did more than profoundly listen to my stress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Says it's Right Here in These Teeth...Jaws

"See the good food. Feed the noogies." 2/25/21