Slow is Good

Wednesday, March 13th

During meditation before work, I asked my Spirit Guide Somoya what I needed to know for today.  I then heard an internal voice say, "Slow is good."

I was thinking of a client I needed to intake while I was meditating.  She is a slow processor.  I am a slow processor too.  I know the world perceives being slow as "bad".    This has affected my self- esteem and self-worth the majority of my life.  In general, being slow doesn't create a lot of money for businesses/economy/one percent.  

Although, in reality, processing and working at a slow rate is actually very good.  One demonstrates being thoughtful, mindful, precise, and high quality goods are produced as a result.  It comes down to quality vs. quantity, but unfortunately the majority in our world prefer quantity and making lots of money.

Since early childhood, I have inherited the negative external stigma and have made it my internal stigma that being slow is bad.  I continued to learn to internalize these negative feelings about being cognitively slower than my peers in my secondary, high school, and college years.  

Moving forward, I am choosing to relinquish these bad feelings about myself.  There is nothing wrong with the way I think and process, just because it doesn't fulfill the "wants" of society and the world at large.  Somoya has granted me this insight for a reason.  She doesn't want me to buy into the lies of our world:  that slow is bad.  She wants me to accept myself and love myself, at the same time value same and different strengths in others.  I am grateful to finally find my worth in this fast pace society. I will hold my line and have a spine, by continuing to work slowly and methodically, while taking pride in my quality of work in the workplace.     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Says it's Right Here in These Teeth...Jaws

"See the good food. Feed the noogies." 2/25/21