It's on the Other Side

Sunday, March 17th

Happy St. Patrick's Day, bye the way!

During morning meditation, I asked my Spirit Guide Somoya what I needed to know for today.  I then heard an internal voice say, "It's on the other side."  My logic and feeling in the moment was compassion "being on the other side."

I am running late this morning.  I had promised our son Mason that I would wake him at 7:30am.  He wanted to get a bike ride in, before making bread and me receiving tax assistance.  My concern is he won't have compassion for me oversleeping.  When Mason gets mad, he often acts passive/aggressive.  It is not that we are not going for a bike ride.  We are just starting the ride later than expected.

As a result of oversleeping, getting Mason's wants met (cycling and bread making), and my needs met (tax return assistance), I felt very pressured, due to the time constraints of the day.  Managing limited time, often leads to my frustration and anger towards myself.  Too much thinking/processing is a time sucker, which I am guilty of.  I struggle with letting go and trusting myself with making smooth transitions from one activity to another throughout the day.  Others misinterpret my frustration/anger, as if I am angry at them, but I am just putting off negative vibes, due to lack of compassion for myself.  I just need space to process, calm down, and release judgment towards myself.  I don't need to be "fixed" or have the "situation fixed".

It is OK for me to feel and express frustration and anger.  I just need to keep on working on having compassion for myself, in spite of my limitations.  Eventually, my internal compassion will naturally make my frustration/anger towards myself subside.  Like Somoya stated about compassion:  It is on the other side.  I believe this to be true.  I just want to create it for myself on the inside.  Without learning compassion for myself, I can't begin to receive compassion "from the other side".  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Says it's Right Here in These Teeth...Jaws

"See the good food. Feed the noogies." 2/25/21