We're Both responsible for the Fires

Wednesday, February 20th

During morning meditation, I asked my Spirit Guide Somoya what I needed to know for today.  I then heard an internal voice say, "We're both responsible for the fires."

I have a love for the woods.  I grew up in the mountains in Issaquah during the seventies and eighties.  I hope to spend more time in the wilderness with my wife Kels, once our son is an adult.

Last night, I was watching a documentary with my wife that had a lot of beautiful cinematography of the wilderness in northern California.  I remember having an anxious thought in the moment about the extensive forest being destroyed by careless people.  This at times happens in Eastern Washington, around the country, and the world.

I believe Somoya was making the point that both humans (their creation of fire and misuse of it) and Mother Nature (lightening strikes) are both responsible for these fires that do occur from time to time:  past and present.  In that case, we as humans can reduce fires dramatically, if we made better choices.  That would then at least cut the odds in half for fires happening in the future, if the responsibility just fell on Mother Nature.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Says it's Right Here in These Teeth...Jaws

"See the good food. Feed the noogies." 2/25/21