There Is Too Much Anger

Friday, February 15th

During morning meditation, I asked my Spirit Guide Somoya what I need to know for today.  I then heard an internal voice say, "There is too much anger."

I felt uncomfortable hearing this message sent from Somoya.  At first, I wanted the message just to be regarding the state of our world in general.  I like to see myself as someone who doesn't have a lot of anger.  But when I took time to reflect, I realized I am often feeling anger inside  (due to uncontrolled anxieties/fears), which results in me sometimes expelling it on my wife and son.

I own that have a lot of anxieties and fears.  Both my parents exhibited anxiety and fear when I was growing up.  Their worries and concerns bled onto me over the years.  My father's anxieties and fears manifested as anger in the home, but my mom often defused her anxiety with humor.

I now realize I learned and took on my father's unhealthy coping mechanism of using anger to try and control my anxieties and fears.  Now I realize this only leads to trying to control others, which is impossible and makes everyone involved feel miserable.  I have the insight that anger destroys relationships and pushes people away, resulting is isolation, sadness, and loneliness.  I want to avoid continuing this unhealthy behavior.  I am committed to letting go of my anxieties and fears, so my anger diminishes.

Over the years, both my wife and my son have shared that they want me to let go of my anger.  My wife Kels believes a healthy relationship can exist without frequent fights/disagreements that lead to hurt feelings.  My son has shared that anger scares him.  He stated that anger keeps him from expressing his innermost feelings.  I am committed to both of them to make the change.   I am planning to take my mom's approach...let go let God...and lighten up with much laughter!

Comments

  1. This is both challenging and also a wonderful gift to give to your loved ones!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It Says it's Right Here in These Teeth...Jaws

"See the good food. Feed the noogies." 2/25/21