Birthday Weekend!

Friday, February 22nd

During morning meditation, I asked my Spirit Guide Somoya what I needed to know for today.  I then heard an internal voice say, "Birthday weekend!"

My birthday is this coming Sunday.  I am going to be turning 47.  I noticed this year I been focused on improving my health and wellness, pursuing professional goals, and improving family relationships, rather than looking forward to my birthday.

It is also a bit daunting that I am creeping up on 50!  My adult years seem like a blur.  I am overall happy with my life accomplishments, but want the opportunity to do much more.  I spent the first 17 years of my life getting my body fit, and that felt amazing!  Then when I had my mental break in college, thus far, I spent my adult life getting my mind healthy again.  I feel solid around my mental health, but my physical health (being toned and having a strong core) has fallen to the wayside.

I feel ready to address my physical health on a more consistent basis.  It deserves the same daily attention as my mental health.  It is essential in supporting my overall well-being.  I have proven that I can do the daily hard work of maintaining my mental health, therefore I can definitely bring back my physical health.

I do best with all or nothing.  I have always been this way.  I'm giving myself permission to find different ways to remain fit on a daily basis.  I don't just need to be doing one type of physical activity to be successful.  I need to treat physical health like I do mental health:  use as many "tools in my toolbox", but in this case, to stay fit on a daily basis.   Some days I can go to 24 Hour Fitness.  Weather permitting, I can ride outdoors alone or with our son. Weeks with Mason, I need to be more creative.  There are more family responsibilities when he is with us.  I can do my wife's Beach Body 10 minute video to do crunches.  I can climb stairs at work during lunch or go for longer walks before or after work.

I have decided to use the cognitive behavioral method that I developed for achieving a goal to assist me with getting my physical health back on track.  I am confident and excited to get results soon!  I need my mental health and physical health to support me well into the coming years.  This is a great birthday present to be giving myself:  maintaining physical strength on a consistent basis!  Thank you Somoya for getting me excited about growing older and looking forward to the years to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Says it's Right Here in These Teeth...Jaws

"See the good food. Feed the noogies." 2/25/21