The Graveyard (Contains Update)

Thursday, December 27th

During morning meditation, I asked my Spirit Guide Somoya what I needed to know for the day.  I then heard an internal voice say, "The graveyard."

My mom popped into my mind.  I was curious if she was buried at the same cemetery as her parents. I know that in the past, she mentioned being cremated.

I texted my sister Erin and my brother Pat.  My brother Pat confirmed that mom is with her parents at the same burial plot.  My sister remembered she is at Calvary Cemetery near the U Village.

I chose not to go to my mom's funeral two years ago for various reasons.  I have dreamt of my mom the last two evenings.  I feel ready to pay her a visit at the cemetery by myself.  I know the experience will be healing.

12/30/18 Update:

I went this afternoon, on my own, in search of my mom's plot at Calvary Cemetery.  I had an overall since where it was located, since I had found my grandparent's plots years ago.  When I came to a fork in the road, my gut told me to go right.  I ignored it at first, cause I was pretty sure I needed to go left, so I kept driving.  I then suddenly stopped the car and backed up, because it was my gut speaking.  I proceeded to go right at the fork, even though it didn't make any since to me.

I knew I was in the general location, but felt more drawn towards the lower part of the cemetery.  My logic even said that the dates on the plots would be oldest starting from the bottom of the cemetery.  I wandered around for a good 30 to 45 minutes looking for either John Fox or Frances O'Hara.  I found the two last names, but they belonged to other people.

Suddenly, I came across a large monument.  I almost didn't read it, but was intrigued by the black and white family photo of a large family.  It was a family monument for Father Solanus Casey.  I did some research online, assuming he was a priest in the Northwest.  I was wrong.  His parents came over from Ireland.  They first lived in Boston.  Then they lived in Wisconsin.  Eventually his family settled in Seattle.  Father Solanus Casey spent 20 years serving parishes in New York, including Harlem, Yonkers and New York City.  He eventually was transferred to St. Bonaventure Monastery in Detroit.  He died in 1957.  He was known to be very kind and accepting of everyone, including the non-religious and non-spiritual.  1995, Pope John Paul II declared him venerable, a step on the path to sainthood.  Hence, there is a Solanus Casey Center here in Seattle on First Hill, jointly operated by St. James Cathedral and Catholic Community Services of Western Washington.

This was a big synchronistic moment that took part for me at the cemetery.  Over the years, I have always been intrigued by the Solanus Casey Center and their services provided on James street, since I have been working at Harborview.  I have brought several clients to receive services there.  The staff have always been polite and helpful.  The listening and giving is genuine.  The atmosphere is always peaceful.  The part I was unsure of, was who did this small establishment belong to?  A few days ago, when I was researching the Catholic Community Services website, I discovered that Solanus Casey is managed by them.   I am planning to apply for jobs at Catholic Community Services in the new year.  This monument could of been placed at any Catholic cemetery in Seattle, plus there are over 45,000 plots on 40 acres of land at Calvary Cemetery!  I just happened to walk into it.  I find this as a sign and quite amazing!

I was sad and frustrated not being able to locate my mom and my grandparents before closing.  At home, I decided to do a search on the cemetery website for my mom's location.  I was correct.  My grandparents and my mom are located on the side of the hill where you take a left at the fork in the road.  It is apparent that the Universe wanted me to have this synchronistic moment first, before seeing my mom's plot.  If I had visited her first, I would of NEVER discovered the Solanus Casey Monument.  It is way up on the hill from my family members.  I am going back tomorrow to the cemetery to spend time with my mom and her family.

Thank you Somoya for today's incredible synchronistic moment!


Comments

  1. What a fun and interesting way to be lead down a new possible career path! Great job following your gut.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It Says it's Right Here in These Teeth...Jaws

"See the good food. Feed the noogies." 2/25/21