Oh man. 651.

Saturday, December 29th

During morning meditation I asked my Spirit Guide Somoya what I needed to know for today.  I then heard an internal voice say, "Oh man.  651."

It sounded like my voice.  I didn't sound excited, if anything, disappointed.  I then looked up the spiritual meaning of the numbers 651 in Google.  It overall stated that the numbers were related to material wealth.  That I am wealthy, and need to share with those less fortunate or in need.

Personally, my whole adult life, I have never viewed myself as materialistically wealthy.  I have either worked in customer service or in social services as a profession.  But, If I was to compare myself to many individuals in other parts of our country or the rest of the world, I am rich.  In addition, I have always struggled with giving to others monetarily.  Although, I am very comfortable with giving of my time.

I grew up observing my mom and dad giving money away in different ways.  My mom gave to anyone, after her needs were met.  The only time I witnessed my father give financially was at weekly mass, but I never knew how much.  I was NEVER asked or encouraged to give of my own money that I earned from summer projects or part-time jobs.  My mom always let me off the hook by giving me a dollar or two, to put in the basket that was passed down the church pew.  Therefore, I learned nothing about the value of personal financial sacrifice or paying it forward to others in greater need.

Earlier this month, I received an insight on a meditation walk.  It was to give Mother Earth a monetary present, rather than exchanging gifts with my wife.  Since Mother Earth constantly gives to all of us and asks for nothing in return.  I knew immediately that I would choose to give to Greenpeace.  I had had a synchronistic moment about Greenpeace in prior months.  I had been researching bees one morning, then later that day came across a Greenpeace volunteer walking our neighborhood.  She requested a PayPal donation.  I politely refused out of fear that she was possibly not legit.  Later, my wife reassured me that Greenpeace is one of the top ten non-profits to offer monetary donations.

Today my wife took the lead, and stated she was making a 35.00 monthly donation to Greenpeace.  At first I was shocked with her generosity and simultaneously internally upset with myself.  (First, I stalled.  I wasn't willing to give on Christmas Day, due to my credit card cycle.  Second, I picked a stingy amount.  After days of contemplation, I had finally made myself comfortable with giving one lump sum of 120.00.)  With feeling upset with myself, this forced me to strike up a conversation with my wife.  I wanted to understand how she came up with her amount.  I wanted to understand how she could be so generous.  Kelli then offered several valid points:  She wanted to make an impact, even if it isn't huge.  My wife wanted to financially feel the hit, without breaking her bank.  By giving monthly, it created a commitment, rather than one lump sum.  The money could be used more thoughtfully by the non-profit organization, if received monthly.  I profoundly listened and took it all in.  I shared my childhood modeling and struggles.  Kelli listened and validated.  I then came to the conclusion to match her donation, in order to make our family donation that more impactful.

Later that evening, we watched a documentary on photographers filming nature.  It made both of us happy that we are now making a real difference, when concern is mentioned about the well-being of the animals on our planet.

I feel GREAT that I finally am learning to financially give to those in need.  I can now model this for our son Mason.  In the past, he has asked me to donate for causes at Safeway, but I have always politely refused or made excuses.  Kelli and I are going to encourage Mason to donate monthly to a non-profit of his choice.

Comments

  1. I am so thankful to you and Somoya for suggesting to give back. I wish there was more I could do.🌳🌏❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It Says it's Right Here in These Teeth...Jaws

"See the good food. Feed the noogies." 2/25/21