I Am Not Asking You. I Am Telling You.

Wednesday, November 14th

During morning meditation, I asked my Spirit Guide Somoya what I needed to know for today.  I then heard an internal voice say, "I am not asking you.  I am telling you."

My interpretation of Somoya's message is still regarding to how I care for myself, as I get myself back into shape.  Yesterday, I did some treatment work on my knee.  I did cross fiber friction on the lateral ligament and energy work.  I am being very mindful of walking rather than jogging this week.  I am also taking it slow walking down big hills.  While falling asleep last night,  I gave myself another Reiki treatment.  I feel a little less sore today.  I am thrilled I don't feel worse!  I did have to walk a lot yesterday for my job.

Today and moving forward, I am adhering to Somoya's weekend advice, regarding just compete with myself and not others.  Go at my pace to gain back my strength, without re-aggravating old injuries or creating new ones.  What's interesting, is before Monday's difficult spin class began, I overheard two women speaking.  One stated she just recently injured herself in spin class and has had to take time off and take an anti-inflammatory.  The other woman stated best to take it easy this evening (Monday) rather than cause more injury.  I recall thinking in the moment that I am strong and I wouldn't get injured in a spin class.  I have been humbled.  My memories of being a teen don't coincide with the reality of my current physical condition at age 46.  I need to be patient, disciplined, and realistic.   It I am patient and increase my strength slowly, I will be just fine.  Cycling as a workout will be sustainable for me in the long run.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Says it's Right Here in These Teeth...Jaws

"See the good food. Feed the noogies." 2/25/21