Christmas...Forced into Love (Giving and Receiving)

Friday, November 23rd

During morning meditation, I asked my Spirit Guide Somoya what I needed to know for the day.  I then heard an internal voice say, "Christmas...forced into love."

I had a feeling in the moment this applied to giving and receiving being forced amongst family members and friends on Christmas.  It is so nice to be in my forties and not care what others think of me or of my actions.  I do what is best and healthiest for myself, my immediate family, and the environment.  This year is the first time my wife and I agreed not to buy each other gifts for Christmas.  We are refusing to "show love" for one another this way, which marketing has brainwashed our society into believing this is necessary to do each year.  The bigger and more expensive gift, implies the more love you have for that individual.  My wife offered up the example of a high end vehicle with a big red bow attached.  There isn't a year that doesn't go by without seeing these commercials each fall/early winter.  With our son, we are just giving one practical gift that he feels he will enjoy on a regular basis.  We allowed him to have input.  He is choosing a bicycle, but is even open to a nice used one, in order to get his want met-disk brakes.  If we can't find the perfect fit soon, we are even going to propose giving the bike after Christmas!  We as a family are in agreement that quality/fun time together, is way more important than showering each other with stuff.

What is really interesting, is that Somoya communicated this message this morning.  Today is Black Friday.  The whole purpose is to get people to shop until they drop.  Consume. Consume. Consume.  Max out those credit cards.  People feel obligated to buy a bunch of things for this one particular holiday that has nothing to do with what it represents: giving and receiving genuine love. This is extremely more difficult to do through our actions, rather than buying a bunch a crap that just feeds the economy and lines the pockets of the one percent.   As if it wasn't enough that the majority of America binged on food the day before for Thanksgiving, now the majority of our society is binging on wants for either themselves or others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Says it's Right Here in These Teeth...Jaws

"See the good food. Feed the noogies." 2/25/21