7/6/18:  During meditation I heard, "How will that help with your recovery?"  I am trying to be open and engaging with my brother Pat via text.  I suggested getting tickets to see a comedy (Steve Martin and Martin Short), but it was too expensive for me to pick up all four tickets.  I felt bad suggesting the idea, and then not being to follow through.  I am scared to disappoint and/or anger my brother.  We have a history of pissing each other off.  My intention was good.  We can be very similar, yet extremely different at the same time.  Maybe having peace and some distance is going to be enough.  Time will tell in how we continue to exchange via texts and engage in the community.

Another change is I have been having a few drinks with friends lately on the weekends, which is new for me.  It is nice to socialize this way, but not necessary.  I did some research online and found it is best for me to go back to abstaining completely, in order to maximize the total function of my kidneys.  I have chronic kidney disease and I am at stage 3.  I have already changed my diet dramatically, from meat and diary to eating vegan the past couple of years or so.  I have increased my physical activity on my bike and walking.  I don't smoke.  I have reduced my sugar and salt intake dramatically.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Says it's Right Here in These Teeth...Jaws

"See the good food. Feed the noogies." 2/25/21